Thursday, March 26, 2009

Can you patent a video game idea and sell it to a company?

I have a really good idea for a video game, either PC or handheld. I%26#039;m not going to disclose it, because I don%26#039;t want it stolen... but I think it could really sell. At least, I know I%26#039;d want to play it if it was made. I%26#039;ve checked, and I can%26#039;t find anything like it.


So can I patent my idea? How do you go about doing that? An idea is so abstract....


And even if I did, how would I go about trying to sell it? I think Natsume, Nintendo, or EA could do the best with it, but I don%26#039;t know how I%26#039;d even get them to answer my letters.


Can I make this work?? I%26#039;m very interested in it, but I don%26#039;t have time to learn to make games myself, and I know companies who could make a good game out of this idea.
Can you patent a video game idea and sell it to a company?
you%26#039;d have to write up a script for it so to speak and copyright it.

No comments:

Post a Comment